1990's (192)

2000's (288)

(141)

JÄRJESTYS:
Julkaisuvuosi
Artisti

Blues / Rhythm & Blues

Result of your query: 2374 products

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38 - 39 - 40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 46 - 47 - 48
5 Royales - It's Hard But It's Fair - The King Hits And Rarities
So, where DOES soul begin? Well, according to popular consensus (and also to the BBC, if their entertaining "Soul Deep" series is anything to go by) it begins with Ray Charles and Sam Cooke. Now, I wouldn't want to disagree with that idea in principle they're fine artists both, and if you want to start digging near the Roots Of Soul, the works of these two giants of popular music are as good a place as any to do that.

But if you've already gone beyond brothers Sam and Ray, and you feel it's time to dig a little deeper, it's probably time for you to dig the grand-daddy of all the soul groups that proliferated in the mid 60s, Winston-Salem's magnificent "5" Royales. Led by the sublime dual leads of Johnny and Eugene Tanner, and anchored by the often unbelievable guitar acrobatics of Lowman Pauling, the Royales were arguably the first group to bring the church directly to R&B and, in doing so, create a whole new strand that foresaw its future rather than relying on its past for inspiration. They were a direct influence on James Brown (who re-recorded several of their songs, including Think and Come Over Here), Ray Charles (who re-did their Tell The Truth) and the Temptations (who were coached, in their early days, by Pauling's brother and former Royale Clarence Paul who would play the Temptations his "5" Royales records, ceaselessly, in an attempt to get their vocal harmonies on point).

Lowman Pauling also influenced a generation of guitar pickers, most notably the young Steve Cropper who cheerfully admits to copping a lot of his early licks off the man (and who was only too happy to point this out in his lovingly-written foreword to this package). Pauling was also a songwriter of considerable talent, penning the majority of the "5" Royales recordings including their original version of the Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame classic, Dedicated To The One I Love. The group sang like angels, and Pauling generally played like he was possessed by the devil. The "5" Royales had it all, and then some.

The group had started off on Apollo Records, where they had created such timeless group R&B as Baby Don't Do It and Laundromat Blues. When they came to King in 1954 they were primed and ready to take group R&B to its next stage and they proceeded to do just that over the next six years and across more than 50 great recordings. "IT'S HARD BUT IT'S FAIR" is by no means the first "5" Royales CD anthology, but it's the first to anthologise the biggest hits and the classiest rarities in one package. (Indeed, around half of these tracks have never been on CD before, which makes purchase mandatory.) Even if you have the hits on other packages, you will never have heard them this good before, as this CD's master is compiled exclusively from the fresh digital transfers that Ace's Alec Palao and I made, from the original production masters, during our 2004 trip to the King tape vaults.

The "5" Royales had surprisingly few hits on King, but each and every one of their recordings offers something to cherish. The intense soul balladry of the Eugene Tanner-led My Wants For Love is more than complemented by the cool in Johnny T's delivery of ace jivers I Could Love You and Women About To Make Me Go Crazy. How many budding soul harmony groups learned their trade off classics like our title track, or the original versions of Think and Dedicated To The One I Love is probably beyond calculation. And there are probably not enough fingers and toes in Memphis to count how many times Steve Cropper not to mention a myriad other young guitar slingers would have played along with The Slummer The Slum, I'm With You and the truly stellar Get It in the course of honing his own magnificent craft. If you have any interest at all in the deep roots of soul music, you simply cannot afford not to own this fabulous compact disc.

A group as important as the "5" Royales will always deserve a definitive anthology. Without a shred of bias I can say that certainly as far as their King recordings go this is all that and more. It's hard, it's fair and it's a must for your selection.

By Tony Rounce (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2005 CD 18.00 €
Al "Cake" Wichard Sextette - Cake Walkin' - The Modern Recordings 1947-1948
This collection of excellent music from the Modern vaults has been a long time coming. Compiled more than two years ago, it was back-burnered while I consulted the various oracles of R&B research for information on Albert C Wichard, aka “Cake”. Virtually nothing is known about the man whose drumming had been at the core of almost all of Modern’s early sessions, other than he’d been dead a long time and that he died young. But Cake Wichard was high profile enough to have had several sessions for Modern in his own name, and this top-notch package collects up the contents of all of them, in many cases for the first time on CD.

It’s fair to say that most of those featured on “Cake Walkin” are of higher profile than the mysterious Mr Wichard. There can’t be a blues fan alive or dead who hasn’t heard of Jimmy Witherspoon, Pee Wee Crayton and Jay McShann, while Big Duke Henderson has been an R&B cult hero for decades. They are all heard to excellent advantage here, particularly ’Spoon, whose first sessions for Modern these were and who shows a youthful exuberance in these sides that is missing from the recordings he made as a more mature singer from the late 1950s onwards. A little unbelievably for an artist of his stature, several of the sides here that feature Witherspoon are receiving their first ever release in this package. (The remaining three Wichard/’Spoon cuts that are not featured have been earmarked for future volumes of “Mellow Cats & Kittens”).

The somewhat less prolific Duke Henderson is also at the peak of his vocal powers here, particularly on the fearsome ‘His Majesty’s Boogie’. Not everyone can be as successful as they are talented, but in Sylvester Henderson’s case it’s a real shame that the quality of his performances did not result in some bigger hits.

There’s no existing session paperwork to confirm the presence of any individuals other than Wichard and the featured vocalists/instrumentalists, but it can be assumed that Hadda Brooks on piano and Bill Davis and/or Bill Day are in the mix on at least some of the tracks, providing a rock-solid rhythm section that’s always underpinned by Wichard’s metronomic timing. As small group mid-40s R&B goes, it’s pretty unbeatable.

Unfortunately, Al Wichard’s life was short and he passed away in the late 1950s before most researchers began their sterling work. Most of those who worked with him (including all the identifiable musicians on this CD) are also now gone, as are his wife and son. We may never find out more than the little we know now, but we can always say for sure that the early post-WWII Central Avenue R&B scene would have been much the poorer without his contribution.

By Tony Rounce (ACE RECORDS)
Ace Records 2009 CD 17.00 €
Al King & Arthur K Adams - Together - The Complete Kent And Modern Recordings
It’s true that we don’t release as many CDs of R&B and blues as we used to, for a variety of reasons, but Ace’s commitment to those genres remains strong. We’ll be stepping up our schedule in 2011 with several releases already planned for the early months of the year, including a further volume in the well-received “Mellow Cats & Kittens” series and a package of rare and unreleased 60s and 70s Ted Taylor material from Ronn. The next volume of material from John Dolphin’s tapes will also appear this side of next summer. Meanwhile, as a real end of year treat, we bring you, for the first time in once place, the complete Kent and Modern recordings of two west coast bluesmen whose work for the Bihari brothers has long been ripe for reappraisal – Al King and Arthur K Adams.

“Together” contains at least one version of every track that the two recorded for Kent-Modern between 1966 and 1969. Although Arthur’s tracks lean more towards soul than those of his CD mate, there is synergy between the two groups of recordings, in that Adams is also the lead guitarist on most if not all of the Al King sides. Neither man cut enough solo material to fill their own CD but the sum of their work for Kent-Modern does that in a most satisfying manner.

Al’s sides include the classic ‘My Name Is Misery’, its even better sequel ‘Get Lost’ and a slew of fine tracks that showcase his Percy Mayfield-influenced lyrics and delivery – many appearing in stereo for the first time ever. Arthur’s reputation among blues collectors was initially forged by his spellbinding ‘She Drives Me Out Of My Mind’, which first gained UK release on Blue Horizon. Here it’s also in stereo, taken from the mastertape that runs almost a minute longer than the original 45. Between the two of them they cook up a fine mess of blues and proto-bluesoul, aided by the fabulous arrangements of Maxwell Davis (who co-produced the sessions), musicians that number another west coast legend, Big Jay McNeely, among their ranks and – in Arthur’s case - duet partners of the calibre of Modern’s own Mary Love and Darlene Love’s sister Edna Wright (future lead singer of the Honey Cone).

It’s a shame that Al’s and Arthur’s singles for Kent and Modern didn’t meet with the sales that they deserved at the time. That they didn’t is not due to the quality of repertoire or performance, which is first rate in every instance, as you’ll hear yourself, when you invest your money – wisely – in “Together”.

By Tony Rounce (ACE Records)
Ace Records 2010 CD 18.00 €
Albert Collins - Live At Montreux 1992
Eagle Records 2008 CD 9.00 €
Albert Collins - Live From Austin Texas
Live from Austin City Limits TV Show, Oct 29th, 1991. 68 min, 5.1 surround sound
New West Records 2008 DVD 17.00 €
Albert King - Christmas Comes But Once A Year /I'll Be Your Santa
Collectables Single/EP 5.00 €
Albert King - More Big Blues
Ace Records 2001 CD 17.00 €
Albert King - The Big Blues
Standing well over six feet and weighing in at around 250 pounds, it's no surprise that Albert King earned the nickname "The Velvet Bulldozer." Standing on stage with his Gibson Flying V, named Lucy, King cut an imposing visual figure. Still, he made an even bigger impression through his recordings, reaching fans all over the world with his punchy, aggressive guitar playing and his commanding voice. Born on a cotton plantation in Indianola, Mississippi, in 1923, King was introduced music in church, where his father played guitar. After picking up the guitar himself, King played across the south and midwest, winning a strong live following while in pursuit of a successful recording career. After a few abortive attempts, King finally scored a major hit single with "Don't Throw Your Love on Me So Strong," reaching #14 on the Billboard R&B chart in 1961. Recorded for Cincinnati's King label, the song captured the distinctive call-and-response style between King's voice and guitar, a direct extension of his gospel roots. It was included on his debut album The Big Blues, a dynamic mix of twelve vocal and instrumental tracks, ten of which were self-composed. Backed by a razor sharp band, which included Ike Turner on piano, King showed an authoritative command of ballads, rumbas and mid-tempo shuffles. It was a sound honed in countless club gigs, a "vivid sound" as the LP jacket rightly proclaimed. To restore this sound to its royal splendor, Sundazed sourced this reissue from the original King mono master tapes. Pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Record Technology, Inc. (RTI) in Camarillo, CA, this resurrected LP boasts breathtaking sound and an exact reproduction of the original first edition cover artwork. Nothing less would have been worthy of one of the most important albums in the blues pantheon. All hail King Albert!
Sundazed Music 2012 LP 23.00 €
Albert King - The Definitive Albert King On Stax 2CD
Stax Records 2011 CD 22.00 €
Allen Toussaint - Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky 2CD
The Hit songs & productions 1957-1978
Charly Records 2011 2-CD 17.00 €
Alvin Cash - Windy City Workout - The Essential Dance Craze Hits 2CD
Chicago soul music is one of the many regional variations that proved nationally popular during the 1960s and this unique collection celebrates one of the city’s many stars Alvin Cash. An often overlooked sub-genre is the almost never-ending stream of dance craze records which caught the national imagination, and Alvin Cash was among the leading exponents.

Windy City Workout is the first ever legitimate CD release devoted entirely to Cash’s recordings. Disc 1 opens with his sole album release Twine Time, named after his biggest hit, and continues into Disc 2 with all of his single releases in chronological order. This deluxe memorabilia-laden package features notes from the eminent Chicago blues and soul expert Robert Pruter, and the track listing denotes all the chart placings he secured on America’s pop and R&B charts.

Cash’s recordings for Mar-V-Lus, Toddlin’ Town, Seventy-Seven and Sound Stage Seven are all included. Also featured are three tracks which only ever appeared on the now ultra-rare Toddlin’ Town LP, Wilson Pickett’s ‘Funky Broadway’ and two Arthur Conley hits, ‘Funky Street’ and ‘People Sure Act Funny’. Dances with instructions include The Twine, The Boo Ga Loo, The Bump, The Barracuda, The Boston Monkey, The Penguin, The Freeze, The Charge, The Popcorn and, second only to The Twine, The Ali Shuffle, a dance which Alvin dedicated to Mohammed Ali.

Alvin Cash passed away in 1999 but his music still resonates on today’s soul scene, as a quick visit to YouTube will attest. This carefully compiled 2CD set is the first comprehensive retrospective of his work and is testimony to the power of dance music; get up and get down is all you can really do to this collection.
Charly Records 2012 2-CD 18.00 €
Amos Milburn - Amos Rocks
The wildest rockin' recordings from Amos Milburn's golden years ...1946-1957! Plus the piano pounder's greatest R&B hits! Milburn influenced Fats Domino and New Orleans R&B! Hugely detailed liner notes, including a new interview with guitarist Texas Johnny Brown, one of Amos' Chickenshackers! The last word on the first name in rockin' rhythm & blues! -- One of the greatest hitmakers of the postwar R&B era, Amos Milburn wrote and recorded uproarious odes to sex, booze and all-night partying. It was rock 'n' roll in all but name. Amos rocked the house for the Los Angeles-based Aladdin label right from the beginning. At his debut session in 1946, he waxed a piledriving 'Down The Road Apiece', and he kept the late '40s R&B hit parade jumping with 'Chicken Shack Boogie', 'Roomin' House Boogie' and 'Sax Shack Boogie'. They're all here on 'Amos Rocks,' along with his odes to the bottle, like 'Bad, Bad Whiskey', 'Let Me Go Home Whiskey', and 'One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer'. Plus, there's Amos' torrid '56 remake of 'Chicken Shack Boogie' cut in New Orleans with Lee Allen on sax and Earl Palmer driving the drumbeat. Long before Fats Domino or any of his fellow revolutionaries came anywhere near a studio, Amos Milburn rocked!
Bear Family 2009 CD 18.00 €
Amos Milburn - Chicken Shack Boogie Man 2CD
2CD = 52 tracks
Proper 2002 2-CD 15.00 €
Amos Milburn - Let's Have A Party
29 tracks his 50s recordings
Rev-Ola 2007 CD 18.00 €
Amos Milburn - Rockin' And Drinkin' 2CD
A boogie woogie pianist and blues balladeer, Amos Milburn was one of the most consistently popular R&B artists of the pre rock and roll era.

This 50 track 2CD set features every one of his Billboard R&B chart hits and includes classic and influential songs such as: 'Chicken Shack Boogie', 'Bad Bad Whiskey' and 'One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer'.

This is a must for blues fans and of course the man himself! So pour a drink, sit back and let the 88s ace drown you in his own brand of exuberant, humorous, rowdy and boisterous rollicking fun.
Jasmine Records 2012 CD 15.00 €
Ana Popovic - Unconditional
Ana Popovic is widely regarded as one of world's very best female guitar-players. Her new album, "Unconditional," was recorded at the famous Piety Street recording studios in New Orleans and is Ana's sixth studio release. It was produced by Ana Popovic and Grammy Award winning producer John Porter. "I recorded in eclectic cities like Memphis and Los Angeles, but always wanted to go to New Orleans to capture something of their rich musical history," says Popovic who was born in Belgrade, Serbia. "I loved being in New Orleans for a period of three months. I love everything about that city - its vibe, spirit and optimism, and not to forget, hospitality and kindness of the people. I think it influenced the album in more ways than just musically. "

Popovic was recently honored to appear as a special guest at B.B. King's German shows. Her previous studio release, "Still Making History" made its way to #3 on the U.S. Billboard blues chart for a total of 19 weeks. On 2011's "Unconditional," Ana truly is a guitar goddess – illustrating a daring slide on a powerful guitar record that presents a soulful fusion of contemporary and classic blues. The album features a representation of New Orleans' finest musicians such as renowned slide guitarist Sonny Landreth, the amazing Jon Cleary and David Torkanowski on Hammond B3 and piano, Calvin Turner on bass and Doug Belote on drums. "I was fortunate to have the fabulous Sonny Landreth - my slide idol since my Belgrade years - to play on the album, a dream come true,'' says Popovic. Also the incredible harp player Jason Ricci makes a guest appearance.

Of the album's twelve songs, eight are originals by Popovic, from which two are co-written by writing partner Mark van Meurs. Also on the album are songs gleaned from the rich blues history done by some of Ana's favorites, including Koko Taylor, Buddy Guy, Otis Spann, Nina Simone and Sugar Pie DeSanto. "The title 'Unconditional'," Ana explains, "describes what I feel on stage. That place is simply unconditional. It is magical. It's just me and my guitar, notes, sounds and drum grooves. I let the band lift me up, and I feed off of their energy. I hate to think when playing. I only feel. Unconditional is how I stand towards my music - it's mine, it's sacred, and it's with no boundaries – absolute, definite. I tend to put everything I have into it and don't let anything or anyone get in between, except the people that truly inspire me."
Eclecto Groove Records 2011 CD 18.00 €
Andre Williams - Bait And Switch
The legendary Mr. Rhythm returns with sixteen killer new recordings featuring a six pack of suave early comps and ten boozy new songs expressly written for this collection! Solid R&B blasts include duets with Ronnie Spector (It's Gonna Work Out Fine) and Rudy Ray Moore (I Ain't Guilty)! This no-holds-barred set was produced in NYC by Billy Miller and Matt Verta-Ray and features early Jimi Hendrix cohort Lonnie Youngblood on sax, backing vocals from soul legend The Mighty Hannibal, ex-Voidoid/Lou Reed guitarist Robert Quine plus vocal groups the Four Dollars and the Modern Don Juans!
Norton Records 2001 LP 13.00 €
Andre Williams - Detroit Grease Vol. 2
Detroit LP 15.00 €
Andre Williams - Holland Shuffle
11 biisiä live Hollannista 2001
Norton Records 2003 CD 17.00 €
Andre Williams & The Sadies - Night & Day
Canada’s finest live band, The Sadies, have reunited with explicit soul singer/cult legend Andre Williams for Night & Day on Yep Roc records. Night & Day is the result of sessions that began in 2008 at Key Club Studio in Detroit and captures Andre, then 70 years old and still using at the time, at his most raw, honest, and immediate. No filter. Andre is aided by a stellar cast of musical friends, dirty bluesers who have earned the trust of the ancient hustler, including Jon Spencer (who directed these sessions) and Matt Verta-Ray of Heavy Trash, Danny Kroha of Detroit’s own gutter-blues superheroes, The Gories, the unsinkable Mekon, Jon Langford, and of course, behind it all, The Sadies’ long-time line-up of Dallas Good on guitars and keys, his brother Travis Good on guitars and fiddle, Mike Belitsky on drums, and the mighty Sean Dean on the bass. The result is a raw, gritty slice of raunch rock that has attitude in spades and the hooks and playing to back it up. Click the player below to stream “I’ll Do Most Anything For Your Love” from Night & Day now.
Yep Roc Records 2012 CD 18.00 €
Andrew Smokey Hogg - Sings - Too Late Old Man / Jivin Little Woman
17 tracks
Crown Prince LP 15.00 €
Annisteen Allen - Fujiyama Mama
28 tracks
Rev Ola 2006 CD 17.00 €
Anson Funderburgh & The Rockets - Sins
album from 1987 featuring Sam Myers. Nice digisleeve
Hepcat Records 2009 CD 13.00 €
Anson Funderburgh And The Rockets - Tell Me What I Want To Hear
Anson and his band the Rockets went out with a blaze of glory on this, their last official release for Black Top (4 1/2 stars—'All Music Guide'), cut in 1991 and featuring guest vocalist Carol Fran alongside Anson's longtime sidekick Sam Myers. The title tracks was used in the film 'China Moon'
Hepcat Records 2009 CD 15.00 €
Anthony & The Imperials / King Perry & The Lyrics - A Short Prayer / Big Fat Mama
white vinyl
Newtime Single/EP 5.00 €
Arbee Stidham - My Heart Belongs To You
16 tracks
Crown Prince LP 15.00 €
Art Blakey - Hard Bop 2CD
2CD = 26 tracks
Proper 2005 2-CD 13.00 €
Arthur Alexander - Monument Years
28 long-lost treasures by the stylish country-soul artist whose songs were recorded by the Beatles and The Rolling Stones. These tracks come from the vaults of Nashville's Monument and Sound Stage 7 labels, and were recorded between 1965-1972.
Ace Records 2001 CD 17.00 €
Arthur Big Boy Crudup - Give Me A 32-20
16 tracks from 1941-1950
Crown Prince LP 15.00 €
Arthur Big Boy Crudup - Sunny Road
recorded 1969
Delmark Records 2013 CD 18.00 €
Arthur Crudup - Dirt Road Blues
16 tracks
Tim CD 10.00 €
Arthur Kitchener - The Hobo Manifesto
Drawing on his experience as a South Thames Delta native, Arthur Kitchener recorded these songs inspired by and dedicated to Woody Guthrie's memory
HMI Records 2011 CD 17.00 €
Atomic Boogie Band - In The Night +2 CDEP
jump / R&B:tä Turusta..
MMIV 2004 CD 5.00 €
Atomic Cocktail - Atomic Cocktail
Rhythmatic 1999 CD 17.00 €
B.B. & The Blues Shacks - Blue Avenue
The five-piece combo from Northern Germany with their latest effort, the second release on CrossCut label.
Produced by the guys themselves, "Blue Avenue" is the perfect example for a high-energy album, recorded 'live' in the studio.
"Midnite Diner", the predecssor, was produced by Marc T. with the focus on compact songs.
"Blue Avenue" is different.
Supported by one of the tighest and easiest grooving rhythm sections in the business, guitarist Andreas Arlt and harmonica player Michael get plenty of room to stretch-out - and then there's the fantastic Alex Schultz (of Mighty Flyers fame) from Los Angeles.
On a couple of tunes Andreas and Alex are performing "battles of the blues guitar". Pure fun!
Dennis Koeckstadt is the newest member of the band. The young piano player comes from the Chris Rannenberg school of blues pianist. He ads some special flavor to the B.B.'s blues. Juergen Magiera from Berlin laid down some nice organ.
Never before B.B. & The Blues Shacks sounded so fresh and played with so much self-confidence
Cross Cut Records 2003 CD 17.00 €
B.B. King - A Profile Of B.B. King
9 biisiä
Retro Music 1997 CD 13.00 €
B.B. King - All Over Again
Live Cannes, France 1983
Abraxas 1999 CD 10.00 €
B.B. King - Best Of The Blues Guitar King 1951-1966
18 sides of authentic blues from the supreme blues guitar player Mr B.B. King recorded in his prime in the 1950s and 60s, all remastered from the original tapes. The ideal mid-price introduction to B.B. King.
Ace Records 2007 CD 12.00 €
B.B. King - Best Of The Kent Singles
Easily the two most popular artists on the jukebox were Bobby Bland and BB King, with BB scoring an easy win over Bland in respect of who had the most 45s on the 'box'. These blues 45s had to compete with Motown, Atlantic and other 60s and 70s soul classics and they more than held their own, in terms of the number of plays racked up by customers.

Although not a great expert on the works of BB King, I did own a copy of his first Blue Horizon album, and knew that many of these same recordings were at least 5 or 6 years old. The fact that they were still getting regular jukebox plays in late 1970 was proof positive of their popularity in the black community. I was also interested to note that out of the 20+ B.B. King sides featured, more than two thirds were on Kent rather than BB's current label, ABC Bluesway.

Now, Ace Records is pleased to present for the first time ever, a properly mastered compilation containing many of these classic 45s. Much work has gone into identifying and selecting the best quality master sources for these original mono 45 cuts.

Over the years, a lot of fans have chosen to favour the earlier RPM 45s over the Kent releases. The fact that several of the Kent 45s feature original recordings that have been altered by overdubbing has undoubtedly created a prejudice in many peoples minds.

My colleague Roger Armstrong, who was responsible for the pre-production of this CD, has generally concentrated on the most popular Kent 45s that utilised unsullied original masters. Certain successful 45 releases that featured obviously inappropriate rhythm or horn overdubs have been omitted, in order to enhance your listening pleasure. Conversely the later 45 release of Worry, Worry with its sublime Maxwell Davis overdubbed horn arrangements has been included.
This could have been a double CD if we had chosen to include both sides of all of the Kent 45 releases. Instead Roger has concentrated on what we hope you will agree is truly a 'Best Of' BB's Kent 45s.

"Kentophiles" need not spend sleepless nights, worrying about possible omissions as any missing sides will eventually see the light of day, hopefully in a more appropriate setting.

It is Ace's intention that this collection will go some way to focusing attention on the many wonderful recordings contained in BB King's catalogue of Kent 45s.

* Headliners on those shows were hometown heroes, the Stooges, supported by the wonderful Allman Brothers Band, from Macon, Georgia.

By Ted Carroll (Ace Records
Ace Records 2000 CD 17.00 €
B.B. King - Blues In My Heart
18 biisiä
Ace Records 2004 CD 13.00 €
B.B. King - Easy Listening Blues
Vanha Crown LP + 8 bonusbiisiä
Ace Records 2004 CD 12.00 €
B.B. King - King Biscuit
Recorded live over two nights in New York City, June 1978. Featuring Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter and George Benson
King Biscuit Flower Hour Records 1998 CD 9.00 €
B.B. King - Live At The Apollo
Live vuodelta 1991
Umbrella DVD 15.00 €
B.B. King - Live At The Regal
Ace Records LP 15.00 €
B.B. King - Live At The Regal
MCA Records 1997 CD 12.00 €
B.B. King - Living Legend
Nauhoitettu USA:ssa livenä 1968. 5 biisiä
Eforfilms DVD 13.00 €
B.B. King - Makin' Love Is Good For You
He's known as the King Of The Blues, and is really the last of the great bluesmen the ones with the connection to the roots of the music. A man with a career spanning over 60 years. He is BBKing, a giant and a legend, now in his mid-80s, but still active, being revered and admired by all. King has never just been able to relax and live on his considerable reputation. Even in the 21st Century he's been making good music, as the album here proves.

The follow-up to the big selling Riding With The King (a collaborative effort with Eric Clapton, this was released the sameyear, 2000), Makin' Love Is Good For You is a mix of covers and new material, nicely balanced by a sound that not only carries the great man's trademark, but also proves he was very comfortable in a modern studio environment.

Using his touring band, who by then had been with him for a decade, King revisits some old friends (such as 'Peace Of Mind' and 'You're On Top', records new songs such as 'Action Speaks Louder Than Words' and 'She's My Baby'. He also provides his own approach to songs written by Tony Joe White (the title track), Willie Dixon ('Don't Go No Farther') and Barbra George ('I Know').
Superbird Records 2011 CD 17.00 €
B.B. King - Modern Recordings 1950-1951 2CD
2CD = 33 biisiä
Ace Records 2002 CD 23.00 €
B.B. King - Most Famous Hits - Live
10 biisiä 50 minuuttia
Medusa DVD 9.00 €
B.B. King - My Kind Of Blues - The Crown Series Vol. 1
18 biisiä
Ace Records 2003 CD 12.00 €
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38 - 39 - 40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 46 - 47 - 48

Rock and roll news

2013-11-07
GOOFIN' RECORDS 30th Anniversary Party

2013-08-18
LEVYMESSUT / TAPAHTUMAT

2013-08-15
GOOFIN' RECORDS TULEVIA JULKAISUJA

2013-04-17
THE QUIETS The Many Faces Of The Quiets UUSI CD SAATAVANA !

2013-04-13
GOOFIN' RECORDS VESIVAHINKO / WATER DAMAGE

goofinrecords