1990's (241)

2000's (365)

(95)

JÄRJESTYS:
Julkaisuvuosi
Artisti

Country

Result of your query: 1956 products

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38 - 39 - 40
Aikka Hakala & Bandits - True Stories - Mostly
Bluelight Records 1997 CD 12.90 €
Al Caiola - Caiola Bonanza 2CD
The Al Caiola Bonanza is by far the most comprehensive set of hit songs by one of America's greatest guitarists!

This includes some of the great Western themes, beginning with his classic 'Bonanza' as well as 'Gunsmoke', 'Laramie', 'Maverick', 'Bat Masterson', 'Rawhide' and many others.

Other major hits include 'The Magnificent Seven', 'Wonderland by Night', 'Sleep Walk', 'Tumbling Tumbleweeds', 'Undecided', 'Calcutta'.

In addition, many rare 45 singles never available on CD are included.
Jasmine Records 2013 CD 15.00 €
Al Casey - A Man For All Sessions
32 tracks from 1955-1963
Bear Family 2001 CD 17.00 €
Al Casey - Sidewinder
mukana David Grisman, Glen Campbell, Lee Hazlewood ja Jody Reynolds
Bear Family 1995 CD 17.00 €
Al Clauser And His Oklahoma Outlaws - Hot Western Swing 1937-48 featuring Patti Page
33 biisiä
Krazy Kat 2004 CD 20.00 €
Al Dexter - Honky Tonk Blues 1936-40

Jasmine 2004 CD 10.00 €
Al Terry - Hickory's Cajun Hillbilly
best of the Hickory Recordings and more
Ace Records 2007 CD 18.00 €
Al Willis And The New Swingsters - Got Some Rockin' To Do
The former star of Tail Records returns with a brand new band and a brand new album. 8 original tracks out from 14. These guys were clearly born ready for some country rockin !
Crazy Times Music 2008 CD 10.90 €
Albert Lee - Road Runner
his latest CD
Sugar Hill Records 2006 CD 15.00 €
Alison Krauss And Union Station - Restless
CD-single. used copy. condition like new.
Rounder records 2004 CD 3.00 €
Käytetty
Alvis Wayne And The Ramblers - Heat Seeking Missile EP
Great 4 track EP by Alvis. Recorded in Sweden 2000. Alvis is backed by The Ramblers (Wildfire Willies band). Picture sleeve.
Enviken Records 2000 Single/EP 6.00 €
Ana Egge - River Under The Road
Texas country
Lazy SOB 1997 CD 18.00 €
Andy Anderson - Tough Tough Tough
50 luvun rokit + 60 luvun singlet ja julkaisemattomia demoja jne. Yhteensä 32 biisiä
Deejay 2003 CD 17.00 €
Anita Carter - Ring Of Fire
26 tracks from 1962-1964
Bear Family 1989 CD 17.00 €
Arkie Shibley - Hot Rod Race
25 tracks
Collector Records CD 15.00 €
Art Adams - Rockin' My Way Around
26 biisiä Art Adamsin uudempia nauhoituksia
Collector Records 2004 CD 9.90 €
Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith - One Good Boogie Desterves Another
22 biisiä
Jasmine Records 2000 CD 10.00 €
Arthur 'Guitar Boogie' Smith - Here Comes The Boogie Man
22 tracks
Jasmine Records 2000 CD 10.00 €
Arthur Kitchener - The Hobo Manifesto
Drawing on his experience as a South Thames Delta native, Arthur Kitchener recorded these songs inspired by and dedicated to Woody Guthrie's memory
HMI Records 2011 CD 17.00 €
Arty Hill And The Long Gone Daddys - Montgomery On My Mind
Since Arty Hill and the Long Gone Daddys' February 2008 Cow Island release, Bar
of Gold, spent two consecutive months in the number one slot of the Freeform American
Roots chart, country music fans around the world have been discovering Arty and
his no-nonsense brand of modern Honky Tonk. At year's end, Arty and the Long Gone
Daddys made four of the FAR Chart's "Best of 2008" lists: Best Songwriter, Best
CD, Best Group, and Album of the Year, while Cow Island took the FAR Chart's "Best
in the Industry" award.
In between live appearances up and down the eastern seaboard as well as four showcases
during the NotSXSW event in Austin, Texas in March of this year, Arty and the Long
Gong Daddys carved out time to record their latest Cow Island release, Montgomery
On My Mind: The Hank EP.
This release combines five songs made famous by Hank Williams ("Pan American,"
"Lovesick
Blues," and others) with three Arty Hill originals, including an ode to the Grand
Old Opry's golden era ("Church On Saturday Night"), an instrumental tribute to Hank's
steel player, Don Helms ("Don's Bop") and a contemporary love song set in Hank's
hometown of Montgomery, Alabama ("Montgomery On My Mind"). Arty is superbly backed
on these recordings by the Long Gone Daddy's including the steel guitar of Dave
Giegerich (the Hula Monsters), Steve Potter on stand-up bass, Jack O'Dell (Bill
Kirchen's Too Much Fun and the Twangbangers) and Ed Hough on drums and Patrick
McAvinue on fiddle (Don Rigsby and Midnight Call, Audie Blaylock and Redline).
We're sure you'll agree with Jerome Clark of Rambles.net that Arty Hill is "...a
country songwriter of the first order." and his latest release, like Back on the
Rail and Bar of Gold, shows a bright future for true country music
Cow Island Records 2009 CD 17.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - 10 & Western Standard Time
two albums (originally released 1987 + 1988) on one CD
SPV Country 2012 CD 17.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - Asleep At The Wheel
The band was started by Texas singer and guitarist Ray Benson with Lucky Oceans in 1969 and they've been swinging ever since. This is their first Epic album. On the surface Asleep At The Wheel are a major mainstream country band. Nine Grammy Awards, plus 11 albums and 17 singles which have made the Top 100 country charts in the States.

Yet they started out taking musical risks, mainstay Ray Benson says ....we were really a rootsy band . They benefited from the fact that these were times when anything was possible, the music business was still in its infancy and musicians were encouraged to take risks, there were no rules, you made it up as you went along.

They released their first album in 1973 on United Artists, having been signed by Andrew Lauder. Although it didn't chart it did enough to convince people that there was something special about the band but a change of personnel at the label led to them being dropped. However this disappointment was offset by EPIC picking them up for this their self titled album. Released in 1974, this was to move them further forward with
T-Bird Records 2010 CD 17.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - In Concert
60 min, 13 tracks recorded at "Ohne Filter" TV-Studios, Baden Baden, Germany, April 26th, 2000
In Akustik 2003 DVD 19.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - Keepin' Me Up Nights
BMG 1990 CD 13.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - Live From Austin, Tx
live from 1992. 14 tracks
New West Records 2006 CD 17.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - Served Live
Evangeline Records 2003 CD 15.00 €
Asleep At The Wheel - The Swingin' Best Of..
Sony 1992 CD 12.00 €
Augie Meyers - I'm Not Someone You Want / Money
used copy with PS. Sleeve EX+, Record EX +
Sonet Records 1984 Single/EP 5.00 €
Käytetty
Bad Livers - Blood & Mood
Texas Country & Bluegrass
Sugar Hill 2000 CD 10.00 €
Bailes Brothers - Oh So Many Years
28 tracks
Bear Family CD 17.00 €
Bailes Brothers - Remember Me
Bear Family 2012 CD 18.00 €
Balfa Brothers - Balfa Brothers Play Traditional Cajun Music
Some projects take on a happy life of their own, and this is one of them. In the summer I was approached to supervise the revamp of the old Balfa Brothers’ 2 LPs-on-1 CD, released in the early days of CD production in 1990. Specifically, I was asked if Louisiana musician and author Ann Savoy would be available to write a new essay.

If she was able to take on the task, she would be the perfect choice. After all, she had known and played with the Balfas and had written up their story in her acclaimed book, Cajun Music: A Reflection of a People. Yet I knew she was embarking on a UK tour as a member of the Savoy Family Band, with husband Marc and sons Joel and Wilson. Would she have the time? Not only did she accept the commission with charm and alacrity, but she met her deadline with ease.

Now even more light is shed on the Balfas’ fascinating story, as fully documented in the booklet (with great photos, label shots, LP reproductions and Cajun French-English lyric translations). The mastering, of course, has also been updated and upgraded.

What made the original LPs so important is that they marked a return in the 1960s and 1970s to traditional Cajun music, which had been left behind by the Cajun honky-tonk sound, itself on life support. The back story here is that leader and virtuoso fiddler Dewey Balfa convinced Swallow Records boss, Floyd Soileau, to record the brothers when Floyd was reminded that Dewey had recorded an in-demand but long unavailable Cajun song, ‘La Valse De Bon Baurche’, for Khoury’s Records way back in 1951. It came out on Swallow in 1965 as ‘Drunkard’s Sorrow Waltz’, the Balfas’ first single.

The 1965 and 1974 Swallow albums ensued and are presented here with two rare 45s from 1977 and 1980. The latter single features all-time-great accordion player Nathan Abshire, with whom Dewey recorded and played for many years.

How did Ann Savoy first encounter Dewey? And what are her thoughts on the Swallow LPs? Let her explain: “I met Dewey Balfa before I heard his music. He came into Savoy Music Center [outside Eunice] looking very French and elegant in a fedora and black sunglasses. He was just stopping by for a cup of coffee and a visit but I was so impressed by him, his beautiful French, his character. He and Marc were close friends and so we often cooked suppers together and played music in the yards of our houses.

“I heard his LPs later and immediately fell in love with them. After spending many evenings in Cajun honky-tonks the acoustic feeling of the Balfa Brothers music was refreshing. In these recordings without amplification I could hear the natural resonance of the instruments and the subtleties in the vocals. They also played songs not heard in the dance halls: haunting, sad songs. These LPs were jewels, and I was very touched by them.

“I travelled all over the United States and France with Dewey and Rodney when Marc was playing accordion and twin fiddle with them. These were exhilarating times; great fun and full of camaraderie. And of course the music was brilliant. We also went through tragedies with Dewey: the deaths of brothers Rodney and Will, and Dewey’s wife Hilda. But he always bounced back, full of energy and fun until his own illness at the end of his life.

“It is amazing to see these great LPs reissued on Ace Records in England. This music is so timeless, and bringing it out again on CDs makes it available to a whole new generation of Cajun fans and musicians. The Balfa Brothers’ music will never grow old because it is classic quality, speaking stories that resonate with all people as long as there are humans on the earth.”

I think you can understand what I mean about this being a special project.

By John Broven and Ann Savoy (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2011 CD 18.00 €
Banana Blender Surprise - Paint The Town Brown 2CD
2CD = 42 tracks. a sugar-crazed combination of Chuck Berry, the Meters, and Fabulous Thunderbirds. Band is from Houston, TX
Freedom Records 2006 CD 20.00 €
Barbara Pittman - Getting Better All The Time
27 tracks
Charly Records 1997 CD 9.90 €
Barnshakers - Desperate Santa / Santa's Got A Brand New Pedal Steel
The Barnshakers christmas single
Goofin Records 1996 Single/EP 6.00 €
Barnstompers - Move On In
new CD by this great trad sounding dutch rockabilly group
Barnrecords 2010 CD 15.00 €
Barnstompers - Present Western Rhythm'
Barnrecords 2002 CD 15.00 €
Barnstompers - Swingin' Western Style With...
great trad rockabilly group from the netherlands. their first cd
Barnrecords 1999 CD 15.00 €
Baylor Brothers - It's Western Swing Time
Hyvä aussie rockabilly / country bändi
Baylor Brothers 2000 CD 9.90 €
Beaver Nelson - Legends Of The Super Heroes
Texas Country
Freedom Records 2002 CD 15.00 €
Beaver Nelson - Little Brother
Freedom Records 2002 CD 15.00 €
Beaver Nelson - Motion
Freedom Records 2004 CD 15.00 €
Beaver Nelson - The Last Hurrah
Texas Country
Freedom Records 1998 CD 15.00 €
Bennie Hess - Wild Hog Hop... !
30 tracks
Hydra Records 2006 CD 15.00 €
Benny Barnes - Poor Man's Riches - The Complete 1950s Recordings
33 tracks
Bear Family 2007 CD 17.00 €
Benny Barnes - Rockin' Honky Tonk Country Man
30 biisiä vuosilta 1956-1962
Star Club 1996 CD 17.00 €
Big Bill Lister - There's A Tear In My Beer
30 biisiä vuosilta 1949-1953
Bear Family 1999 CD 18.00 €
Big Jeff Bess - Tennessee Home Brew
A classic in Nashville Country Music history! Destined to become one of Bear Family-s instant classic CDs! The first and only compilation of music by a Nashville country radio legend! Big Jeff-s band The Radio Playboys included nearly every top session man in Nashville at one time or another! More than 90% of these titles are new to CD! Includes Step It Up And Go, one of the greatest country rock records of all time, and a candidate for first rock 'n' roll record! Big Jeff starred in two classic movies, 'A Face In The Crowd' and 'Wild River'! Jeff and his wife founded Tootsie's world-famous Orchid Lounge!This generously full collection of painstakingly restored original masters includes all 18 songs issued by Big Jeff between 1947 and 1952, eight songs from live WLAC radio broadcasts in the mid-1950s, three unissued demos, and more!--Plus an 88-page booklet by Martin Hawkins telling the fascinating story of Big Jeff Bess for the very first time, featuring unpublished interviews with seven of The Radio Playboys, and many rare photographs from the 1940s and '50s.--Back before Nashville was Nashville, Big Jeff Bess was a Nashville legend. He sold beer, cure-all tonics, and baby chicks on local radio and made some of the purest hillbilly, swingin'est honky tonk, rockin'est country music of all time. Now the story is told in words and fabulously rare music. Jeff also owned a number of clubs, the most famous of which was Tootsie-s Orchid Lounge. A legendary musicians' hangout, Tootsie-s is still in business and still a Nashville landmark!
Bear Family 2010 CD 18.00 €
Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys - Radio Favorites
six track mcd. cut-out.
Hightone 1999 CD 10.00 €
Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys - Rockin' Big Sandy
Big Sandyn parhaita Rokkeja..
Hightone CD 15.00 €
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37 - 38 - 39 - 40

Rock and roll news

2013-11-07
GOOFIN' RECORDS 30th Anniversary Party

2013-08-18
LEVYMESSUT / TAPAHTUMAT

2013-08-15
GOOFIN' RECORDS TULEVIA JULKAISUJA

2013-04-17
THE QUIETS The Many Faces Of The Quiets UUSI CD SAATAVANA !

2013-04-13
GOOFIN' RECORDS VESIVAHINKO / WATER DAMAGE

goofinrecords