1990's (54)

2000's (48)

(17)

JÄRJESTYS:
Julkaisuvuosi
Artisti

Ulkomainen viihde

Result of your query: 1079 products

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22
EP BOOK - Swedish Rock & Pop Pressings 1954-1969, 2nd edition
The EP Book (by author Roger Holegård) is truly a unique book about the greatest love and passion for many of us - music and vinyl records!

Record collectiong has become one of the fastest growing hobbies around the world today! Especially the beautiful picture sleeves in laminated hard paper sleeves produced in countries like Sween are today highly in demand among the international collectors. Ebay and other internet sites have helped propel the prices of some rare items virtually through the roof and into the sky.

The EP Book describes more than 1500 EPs in full detail - complete with colour photos of the beautiful and legendary sleeves. You'll find all the Extended Plays - EPs -that were manufactured in Sweden during the heydays of rock & roll and pop music 1954-1969! Both by international artists as well as by Scandinavian artists. It gives you not only a one liner biography on each artist, all the original labels and numbers, but also the song titles and their composers!

The EP Book also shows an evaluation grading from 1 to 10 of each record, reflecting its current attractiveness on the collectors market. In a special chapter exploring the roots of the EP are being presented in large detailed photos of its sleeves and labels. Even the back of the sleeves are depicted in this section.

The EP Book contains all pop, rock and rock & roll EPs where at least one track come with English lyrics. In addition it also contains all the hot instrumentals that were released and manufactured in Sweden during the 50's and 60's.

This jam-packed, expanded and revised, deluxe edition is now presented in full colour!

More than 1500 records are depicted in colour!

Incl. a title and label register!

Book info:
Release end of January 2009
In English
Hardcover
Illustrated in color
ca 400 pages
more than 500 new records!
more than 1500 records in colour!
approx. 6000 entries
Premium Publishing 2009 Kirjat 40.00 €
Ernest Paananen - Naimahommia - Finnish American Recordings 3
Humorous folk music by the concertmaster of the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra
Kansanmusiikki-Instituutti 1995 CD 10.00 €
Ernie Maresca - Original Wanderer
When it comes to songwriting, Ernie Maresca would be the first to admit he's no George Gershwin and he'll readily concede that he's no Frank Sinatra in the singing stakes either. Part outsider and part record industry hustler, Maresca was essentially a backroom boy whose skewed vision of teenage America enabled him to tap into the commercial lodestone as a songwriter and occasional vocalist in his own right for almost a decade.

Born in the Bronx in 1939, Maresca started out as the baritone vocalist in a neighbourhood group, The Regents, and got his first break in 1958 when Dion & The Belmonts, another Bronx group he knew, recorded his song No One Knows, a Top 20 hit on the Laurie label. Maresca quit The Regents and took up songwriting, penning another Dion & The Belmonts hit, A Lover's Prayer.

Dion & The Belmonts had come to the fore earlier in the year with I Wonder Why, a Top 30 hit which defined the white doo wop sound and led the way for many more similar (though not as distinctive) groups such as The Elegants, The Chimes, The Passions and The Mystics.

The Regents, meanwhile, had broken up only to reform in 1961 (without Maresca) after their three year-old demo of Barbara Ann became a surprise hit. Maresca penned their follow-up, Runaround, which also charted and extended his winning streak with Runaround Sue and The Wanderer, both major hits for the now solo Dion. The Regents later became The Runarounds whose Unbelievable, a Maresca song, (heard here) came out on Nat King Cole's KC label in 1963.

There are three different versions of The Wanderer on this CD: (1) Maresca's original demo dating from the late 50s-.-(2) the legendary 'first take' by Dion where having cast a jaundiced eye over the words for probably the first time, he mutters the immortal aside, "Dese lyrics get me." (Fearful of offending radio stations, Laurie implemented a minor lyrical change. On Maresca's original demo, he sings the line, "with my two fists of iron and my bottle of beer" - a macho exultation which makes perfect sense. Whereas Dion sings the altogether less effective, "with my two fists of iron and I'm going nowhere".) And (3), a spoof version by Foreign Intrigue - actually Maresca himself goofing off over the original backing track.

Another Bronx group, Nino & The Ebb-Tides had turned down the chance to record The Wanderer before Dion, in favour of another equally strong, though not as successful Maresca song, Happy Guy, also heard here.

These successes turned Maresca into a neighbourhood hero, everyone's best buddy and a guy to look up to, literally - he stands over six feet tall. Figuring Ernie had the clout to make things happen, vocal groups he only vaguely knew would assail him at every turn hoping he'd put them in touch with one of his music biz contacts uptown. Or he'd be told that someone's cousin down at the deli had written a song they swore was a hit. If anyone had anything on the ball, big-hearted Ernie was always there to help and in doing so, he got to dip his fingers in a lot of different pies. Mostly, he'd write one side of someone's first single or help arrange their harmonies or even stand in as an extra voice. Occasionally, he lucked into a hit. Either way, he was never far from the centre of New York's white vocal group scene.

In 1961 Maresca landed a recording contract with Seville, a small New York label. Maresca had warned them he wasn't much of a singer but his protestations were brushed aside. It was hit songs they were after and, sure enough, Maresca and a friend named Tom Bogdany sat in a Manhattan bar called George's Nut House and wrote Shout Shout, a dance tune with a built-in feelgood factor. Maresca played a home-made demo to Seville's A&R man Marvin Holtzman and a week later they were in the studio. Not too long after that, Shout Shout was nestling in the Top 10 alongside Elvis and Chubby Checker. Having got his foot in the door at Seville, Maresca introduced his friends, The Desires, to the label where they cut a couple of his songs, which came out shortly after Shout Shout.

Like the late Sonny Bono, Maresca found a way of interpolating key elements of then recent hits into new songs - his Whenever A Teenager Cries (a minor hit for Reparata & The Delrons in 1964), was redolent of Chapel Of Love while Party Girl by Bernadette Caroll (another Maresca song to hit the charts that year) was reminiscent of Little Peggy March's I Will Follow Him and Runaround Sue was melodically similar to Gary US Bonds' classic Quarter to Three.

Maresca's all-round savvy landed him a job with Laurie Records where he worked throughout the 60s while continuing to write and record for Seville until 1965. His last major song-writing success came in 1967 when Jimmie Rodgers took Child Of Clay to #31 on the A&M label though it is the rare original version by The 1929 Depression (on Laurie's Providence subsidiary) that is heard here.

Trevor Churchill is something of an expert in all matters relating to Dion and Laurie Records, and this CD came about through his working with Ernie Maresca on Laurie's publishing subsidiary 3 Seas Music Corp, which Ace sub-publishes. Stefan Wriedt, a European authority on white vocal groups, compiled it and wrote the detailed liner notes. So there you have it. Great music with an unusual and fascinating slant, personally endorsed by one of our directors. Please buy it. Trevor's joy is our joy to behold and happiness makes for a better work place.

By Rob Finnis (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2000 CD 18.00 €
Eva Eastwood - My My My / Love Will Guide
CD single with two Evas new tracks
Darrow Entertainment 2008 CD 4.00 €
Eva Eastwood - Ton Of Heart
Eva Eastwoodin uusin
Bonnier Music Sweden 2006 CD 15.00 €
Eva Eastwood & The Major Keys - En Ny Stil I Stan
17 låtar på svenska. Siw Malmkvist tyyliin
Tail Records 2004 CD 11.90 €
Eva Eastwood & The Major Keys - Åh, Vilken Skiva
Evan uusin - tämä ruotsiksi
Darrow Entertainment 2012 CD 17.00 €
Eva Eastwood & The Major Keys - Åh, Vilken Skiva
Darrow Entertainment 2012 LP 19.00 €
Everly Brothers - Born Yesterday
LP produced by Dave Edmunds. cut out
PolyGram Records 1986 LP 9.00 €
Everly Brothers - Complete Reunion Concert 2CD
24 biisiä. Live reunion konsertti Royal Albert Hall, 22-23.9.1983
Recall 1999 2-CD 15.00 €
Everly Brothers - Price Of Fame 1960 - 1965 7CD
7-CD-Box (LP-size) with 188-page hardcover book

Bear Family 2005 CD-Box 160.00 €
Everly Brothers - The Everly Brothers Show
18 tracks
Collector's Choice Music 2005 CD 15.00 €
Fatboy - Overdrive
Family Tree Music 2010 LP 17.00 €
Fleetwoods - I Care So Much / Come Softly To Me
USA original. Condition VG++
Liberty Records Single/EP 7.00 €
Käytetty
Fontane Sisters - Rock Love 2CD
Here we focus on the Sisters transition from the music of the 1940s to the Rock & Roll of the '50s.

The sisters scored million sellers such as: 'Hearts of Stone', 'Seventeen', 'The Banana Boat Song', 'Eddie My Love', 'I'm in Love Again', 'Rollin' Stone', 'Daddy-O' and 'Rock Love'.

This collection is a first. It not only includes all the hits but the B sides and many choice album tracks such as 'Oh What it Seemed to Be', 'Vaya Con Dios', 'How Soon', 'Softly and Tenderly' and 'Rock of Ages'.

Jasmine Records 2011 CD 15.00 €
Fontane Sisters - Till Then 2CD
2 CD = 60 biisiä
Jasmine Records 2005 CD 17.00 €
Four Aces - The Swingin' Aces
Dunhill Records LP 13.00 €
Four Freshmen - And Five Saxes / And Five Guitars
kaksi LP:tä vuodelta 1960 = 1CD. Yhteensä 24 biisiä.
Emi 1998 CD 10.00 €
Four Freshmen - Blue World
20 tracks
EL CD 17.00 €
Four Freshmen - Graduation Day 2CD
One of the top vocal groups of the 1950s, The Four Freshmen influenced the likes of Brian Wilson/Beach Boys and many other '50s/'60s pop groups.

This set features their 4 biggest selling and best known LPs: Voices in Modern, 4 Freshmen and 5 Trumpets, Four Freshmen and 5 Trombones and Freshmen Favorites.

Includes the hits songs: 'It's A Blue World', 'Mood Indigo', 'Day By Day', 'Charmaine' and 'Graduation Day'.
Jasmine Records 2012 CD 12.00 €
Four Freshmen - The EP Collection
25 biisiä
See For Miles 2000 CD 17.00 €
Four Lads - Moments To Remember - The Fabulous '50s 2CD
This is the most comprehensive CD set of The Four Lads tracks ever assembled
Jasmine Records 2008 CD 13.00 €
Four Seasons - Valli's Peaks
Fifty years after the event it is difficult to comprehend just how big an act The Four Seasons were to America in 1962 and indeed throughout the pre British Invasion period before The Beatles arrived in 1964. Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Nick Massi and Tommy De Vito were the biggest pop act the US had seen since Elvis.

Here on one CD is the story of their breakthrough year via the medium of their first two LPs which include three No. 1 singles: 'Sherry'; 'Big Girls Don't Cry' and 'Walk like a Man' plus many other great songs.

Fully detailed liner notes outlining their development.
Jasmine Records 2014 CD 13.00 €
Frances Langford - Sweetheart of song
Collectors' choice music 2000 CD 13.00 €
Francoise Hardy - Midnight Blues - Paris London 1968-1972
The events of May 1968 across France signalled the end of the yé-yé era and a new seriousness in French pop. Unlike perky domestic stars such as Sheila or France Gall, Françoise Hardy had always had a moody image – in reality she was chronically shy. A keen astrologer, this is something she has always been quick to blame on her star sign, Capricorn: “You have the longest nights, the longest absence. When the sun is in Capricorn, you are not there. You are below the horizon. You are invisible.” 1968 was also the year she retired from public performance after a rare tour of Britain.

Françoise had set up her own independent Asparagus Productions in late 1967. Initially, her old label Vogue continued to distribute her records, but in 1969 Françoise signed a deal with the small Sonopresse imprint, where she would stay until 1972. For many of her fans this is the most intriguing and exciting part of her career.

From the beginning of her career and into the early 70s, Françoise recorded quite extensively in English, German, Italian and Spanish, but that material is not easy to find these days. This collection, recorded variously in Paris and London between 1968 and 1972, comprises tracks drawn from her albums “En Anglais”, “One-Nine-Seven-Zero” and “Françoise Hardy” (aka “If You Listen”) and offers a very welcome opportunity to hear her perform in English.

1965’s ‘All Over The World’ had given Françoise her only UK Top 20 hit. Although she couldn’t follow it up in Britain, France remained loyal and she was still a huge star there when she made her first full, specially recorded English language album “En Anglais” in 1968.

“One-Nine-Seven-Zero” – released worldwide in 1969, but never in France– was recorded at several different sessions in London and Paris, and with a number of disparate collaborators. Though its variety of studios and arrangers could have made it a patchwork, the album is held together by a clutch of songs written and produced by Tommy Brown and Micky Jones. The opening trio – ‘Song Of Winter’, ‘Magic Horse’, ‘Strange Shadows’ – are especially strong, with warm, full arrangements by Jean-Pierre Sabar.

Jones and Brown also contributed ‘Bown Bown Bown’ to 1972’s “Françoise Hardy”, recorded at Sound Techniques in Chelsea with folk rock producer Tony Cox. Sound Techniques was a bit like a social club for folk musos from Joe Boyd’s Witchseason stable. The Trees album had been recorded there, as had albums by Fairport Convention and Fotheringay. The latter’s Gerry Conway and Pat Donaldson played on the sessions for Françoise’s album, along with Richard Thompson and Fairport drummer Dave Mattacks.

There are precious few enough albums from this golden period of folk rock as it is; this release gives long overdue exposure to a unique coming together of the British folk underground and a French musical legend.

By Bob Stanley (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2013 CD 18.00 €
Frank Sinatra - 20 Classic Tracks
20 biisiä
Emi 1998 CD 9.00 €
Frank Sinatra - Come Swing With Me !
Capitol Records 1991 CD 9.00 €
Frank Sinatra - Jolly Christmas
Capitol Records 2011 CD 12.00 €
Frank Sinatra - Young At Heart
28 tracks with digisleeve
Proper 2005 CD 10.00 €
Frankie Avalon - A Portrait Of
20 biisiä
By Double D Entertainment 1989 CD 17.00 €
Frankie Avalon - Fabulous Frankie Avalon
12 of his best tracks
Ace Records 1991 CD 10.00 €
Frankie Carle And His Orchestra - Live From the Palladium
Collector's Choice Music 2002 CD 13.00 €
Frankie Laine - I Believe 2CD
Primo Collection 2011 CD 10.00 €
Frankie Laine - Rawhide 9CD Box
9CD Box + 104 page book
Bear Family 2002 CD-Box 190.00 €
Frankie Laine and Jo Stafford - The Duets
20 biisiä vuosilta 1951-1953
Bear Family 1992 CD 17.00 €
Frankie Valli - Oh What A Night - In Concert
apprx 59 min
All Stars 2006 DVD 8.00 €
Frankie Valli - This Is My Story - the Early Years 1953-1959 2CD
Frankie Valli is one of the most popular acts of all time. In a career spanning 60 years he has scored 7 American No. 1's, 17 top ten singles and amassed global record sales of over 175 million.

Here we focus on his early recordings including many gems such as 'You're the Apple of My Eye', 'I Go Ape', 'Real (This Is Real)' and many more!

Also featured are several tracks from the long running Broadway musical of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons career, including 'My Mothers Eyes', 'Apple of My Eye' and 'An Angel Cried'.
Jasmine Records 2010 CD 15.00 €
Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons - Anthology 2CD
two must-have discs of soaring pop greatness. all the hits plus solo shots. 41 tracks
Rhino Records 2001 2-CD 28.00 €
Fred Astaire - Jazz Time 2CD
2CD = 39 tracks
Proper 2003 CD 15.00 €
Freddie Slack - Mr Freddie's Boogie (1940-1947)
Great Voice Of Century 2008 CD 10.00 €
Freddy Quinn - 1956-1965
Original Polydor Recordings
Bear Family 1987 CD 17.00 €
Gale Storm - Sentimental Me / Gale Storm
2 LP:tä = 1 CD. 26 biisiä
Jasmine Records 2008 CD 15.00 €
Gary Miller - I Shall Return
One of the often overlooked singers of the 1950s
This ‘Hits & Favourites’ collection serves as a timely reminder of this popular 50s star.
Rex Recordings 2008 CD 10.00 €
Gary Stites - Lonely For You - Lost Artists Vol. 1
30 tracks
Carlton 1995 CD 17.00 €
Gaylords - Tell Me You're Mine 2CD
This is the most complete collection of The Gaylords work, 54 tracks, including 11 of Ronnie Gaylord's solo work. 2CD = 54 tracks
Jasmine Records 2007 CD 15.00 €
Gene Austin - Singer And Songwriter
11 tracks
Collector's Choice Music 2002 CD 13.00 €
Gene Krupa - The Gene Krupa Story 4CD
4CDs = 99 tracks + 32 page booklet
Proper 1998 CD-Box 20.00 €
Gene Pitney - (I Wanna) Love My Life Away CDEP
3" CD-single
Rhino Records 1988 CD 3.50 €
Gene Pitney - Gene Pitney's Big 20 - All The UK Top 40 Hits 1961-73
20 tracks
Ace Records CD 13.00 €
Gene Pitney - Hits And Misses
26 tracks
Bear Family 1993 CD 17.00 €
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22

Rock and roll news

2013-11-07
GOOFIN' RECORDS 30th Anniversary Party

2013-08-18
LEVYMESSUT / TAPAHTUMAT

2013-08-15
GOOFIN' RECORDS TULEVIA JULKAISUJA

2013-04-17
THE QUIETS The Many Faces Of The Quiets UUSI CD SAATAVANA !

2013-04-13
GOOFIN' RECORDS VESIVAHINKO / WATER DAMAGE

goofinrecords