Christams

Cliff Richard - Soulicious (CD)

Emi Records 2011

‘SOULICIOUS’ on uusi 15 kappaleen Cliff Richard studioalbumi.
Levy sisältää suurimmaksi osaksi uutta materiaalia, mutta mukaan mahtuu myös muutamia valikoituja soulklassikoita. Albumin pääasiallisena tuottajana on toiminut legendaarinen Motown-lauluntekijä Lamont Dozier ja yhdessä poikansa Beaun kanssa hän on myös säveltänyt suuren osan albumin kappaleista.
Muutamissa kappaleista tuotantovastuun on kantanut legendaarinen säveltäjä-/tuottajatiimi Ashford & Simpson (Nickolas Ashford ja Valerie Simpson).
Cliff Richard on saanut koottua tälle albumille duettokumppaneikseen varsin vakuuttavan ryhmän aikamme suurimpia soul-laulajia. Mukana levyllä ovat mm. Billy Paul, Brenda Holloway, Candi Staton, Dennis Edwards and The Temptations Review, Freda Payne, Percy Sledge, Roberta Flack ja Valerie Simpson. ‘SOULICIOUS'-albumin äänitykset tehtiin tämän vuoden huhtikuussa soulin syntysijoilla Memphisissä (Willie Mitchell's Royal Studios, Ardent Studios), ja osa New Yorkissa (Above Asia Studios)
Cliff taustoittaa levyntekoprosessia: "If you get all these icons to join me on an album I will have died and gone to heaven. That's what I said to David Gest when he first suggested this soul project. Here I am, not dead, but definitely in heaven!" He went on to share his gratitude, humbly saying of all the artists he worked with, "to all of you ‘legends', I can only say thank you for finding the time to be with me on yet another dream adventure. It was great singing (and laughing a lot) with all of you!"
Albumin tuottaja Lamont Dozier lisää: "Being the producer and one of the songwriters on Cliff Richard's ‘Soulicious' album has been one of the highlights in my career! Cliff is an amazing recording artist. I love it when I get to wear my producer hat and songwriter hat, and with this album I had an opportunity to work with some of the best artists in the music industry with the various Soul Icons along with Cliff."

1. Saving A Life - with Freda Payne
2. Go On & Tell Him - with Dennis Edwards & The Temptations Review
3. Do You Ever - with Brenda Holloway
4. Teardrops - with Candi Staton
5. When I Was Your Baby - with Roberta Flack
6. Are You Feeling Me - with Deniece Williams
7. Oh How Happy - with Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.
8. Every Piece Of My Broken Heart - with Valerie Simpson
9. How We Get Down - with Russell Thompkins, Jr. & The New Stylistics
10. This Time With You - with Candi Staton
11. Don't Say You Love Me (It'll Ruin My Day) - Cliff solo
12. She Looked Good - with Dennis Edwards & The Temptations Review & Lamont Dozier
13. I'm Your Puppet - with Percy Sledge
14. Always And Forever - featuring Billy Paul
15. Birds Of A Feather - with Peabo Bryson

18.00 €

Back to catalog

Rock and roll news

goofinrecords