Sundazed Music 2001 LP 20.00 €
Otis Redding - Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul 2CD
2CD = 40 tracks Collector's Edition
Rhino Records 2008 2-CD 28.00 €
Otis Redding - Pain In My Heart
re-issue of his 1965 LP
Atco LP 17.00 €
Otis Redding - The Complete Stax / Volt Singles Collection 3CD
Every Stax, Volt & Atco 45s. 70 tracks on 3 CDs including hits and B-sides in its original, speaker-rattling mono mix, many on CD for the first time.
Shout 2013 CD-Box 50.00 €
Otis Redding - The Soul Album
1966 LP
Sundazed Music 2003 LP 20.00 €
Otis Redding - The Soul Album
Atco Records CD 10.00 €
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - King and Queen
Nobody burrowed more deeply into a song than Otis Redding--hands down, the most emotive, soulful singer the '60s ever produced. Redding's impassioned, sweat-soaked delivery kept him straddling both pop and soul charts until his untimely death in 1967. Here is a High-Definition Vinyl exact reproduction of King & Queen, a 1967 duet album with Carla Thomas. Everything is taken from the absolute master tapes in knockout stereo. Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fabulous!
Sundazed 2001 LP 20.00 €
Ovations - Featuring Louis Williams - Goldwax Recordings
26 biisiä
Ace Records 2005 CD 18.00 €
Patrice Holloway - Love & Desire - The Patrice Holloway Anthology
Patrice was beautiful, she was sassy. She was extraordinarily creative and way ahead of her generation. I loved her very, very much.” Motown producer Frank Wilson

What an adventure it was to write the liner notes for “Love & Desire: The Patrice Holloway Anthology”! I had the opportunity to immerse myself in the life of this fascinating unsung artist through interviews with a host of her legendary colleagues: stellar session vocalists such as Clydie King and Edna Wright as well as Motown icon Brenda Holloway, Patrice’s sister. What emerged was a portrait of a singularly talented, spirited and fascinating young woman who was truly beloved by all who knew her.

What didn’t emerge was the answer to an age-old riddle: Who sang backup behind Diana Ross on ‘Someday We’ll Be Together’? Brenda Holloway clearly hears her sister on the track, and Merry Clayton shared a vivid anecdote about rehearsing and recording it with Patrice. After the notes were sent to the printer, Motown stalwart Gloria Jones insisted that she had cut the vocals with Carolyn Willis and Patrice. Of course, the late producer Johnny Bristol claimed it was the Waters. File this one under Unsolved Mysteries.

But here’s the biggest mystery: How did Patrice Holloway not become a superstar? “Love & Desire” showcases this brilliant vocal stylist on 25 rare tracks bursting with charisma and personality. Her complete output for Capitol is here: nine tracks released on five singles during two tenures with the label. ‘Stolen Hours’, ‘Ecstasy’ and ‘Love And Desire’ have long been Northern Soul favourites, and 1971’s ‘Evidence’ and ‘That’s The Chance You Gotta Take’ personify the “value for money” single. Another highlight is 1967’s ‘That’s All You Gotta Do’, written by future Motown luminary Willie Hutch.

Did I say Motown? An excursion into the Hitsville vaults has yielded a treasure trove of exciting rarities. A few have sneaked out on compilations in recent years, such as Patrice’s original version of ‘The Touch Of Venus’, her duet with sister Brenda on ‘Come Into My Palace’ and her seldom-heard double-sided tribute to her teenage heartthrob, ‘Stevie’ and ‘The Boy Of My Dreams’. (Incidentally, Brenda spills the beans in the booklet notes on her little sister’s romance with young Mr Wonder.)

Ten Motown tracks see light for the first time anywhere. There’s further flirtation with Stevie on a lively cover of his ‘Surf Stomp’, a Smokey-produced version of the Miracles’ ‘All That’s Good’ and an authoritative take on Mary Wells’ ‘My 2 Arms – You = Tears’. Barely in her teens when she committed these tracks to tape, Patrice is yearning and tender on ‘Love Walked Right In’ and boisterous on ‘Flippitty Flop’. Versatility abounds over a wide variety of styles including doo wop (‘Crying’), mid-60s pop (‘The Go Gang’) and testifying soul (the powerful ‘I Got To Change’).

As I said, everyone who knew Patrice loved her. I, too, came to love her while working on “Love & Desire”. Now it’s your turn.

By Dennis Garvey (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2011 CD 17.00 €
Patti LaBelle And The Bluebelles - Down The Aisle
27 biisiä
Relic Records 1992 CD 17.00 €
Paul Kelly - Hot Runnin' Soul
Southern soul singer-songwriter Paul Kelly is a real hero of mine, and I’m sure that many Right Track readers and Kent customers feel the same way. He has been poorly served by the CD market, so it’s a real pleasure to make amends with this collection of his early solo 45s, a more than worthy representation of the first six years of his lengthy recording career. His catalogue has long cried out for reissue – particularly these early years, which have never been fully chronicled – and I’m very proud that the honour of bringing all this great music together fell to me.

Paul recorded less frequently than many of his peers, but the upshot of that is that all of his solo recordings from 1965 to 1971 can fit onto one CD. The fact that most of his tracks were cut independently by one producer, the great Buddy Killen, and leased to a variety of imprints means that there were virtually no licensing difficulties to surmount – once we’d decided to do it, the project fell into place swiftly and easily. Our collection contains all of Paul’s singles for the Lloyd, Dial, Philips and Happy Tiger labels, exactly as they were issued – mostly mono, but in stereo when they were originally released that way.

Most Kelly fans will tell you that Paul is never better than when he’s singing something slow, and cite tracks such as ‘If This Old House Could Talk’, ‘The Day After Forever’, the under-rated ‘Sailin’’ and the simply magnificent ‘Nine Out Of Ten Times’ as proof. While it’s hard to contest that, Paul was equally at home with up-tempo material, and you need look no further than the club classics ‘Chills And Fever’ and ‘Sweet Sweet Lovin’’ to confirm that: Paul’s career song, ‘Stealing In the Name Of The Lord’, is a dancer of sorts, while the brilliant ‘509’ demonstrates that the faster side of his repertoire is, at its best, more than a match for his slower numbers.

With the exception of ‘Stealing’, none of these records were massive chart hits, although they deserved to be. They most likely failed to chart because they were competing with so many other great records, and there simply wasn’t room for every classic 45 to make a mark on the R&B charts back then. Happily for Paul, southern soul fans never put much stock in chart positions. Regardless of how many copies they sold on release, the best of the tracks on “Hot Runnin’ Soul” – and that’s almost all of them – will continued to be revered in soul circles for many years to come.

By Tony Rounce (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2012 CD 17.00 €
Peggy Scott - She's Got It All
12 tracks
Shout Records 2006 CD 17.00 €
Percy Faith & His Orch - Isle Of Paradise / Goin' Home Train
yellow colubia labels.
VG
Columbia Single/EP 5.00 €
Käytetty
Percy Sledge - 20 Great Songs
20 biisiä
Star Entertainments 1996 CD 9.00 €
Percy Sledge - Greatest Hits
14 biisiä
Prestige Records 1993 CD 13.00 €
Percy Sledge - It Tears Me Up - The Best Of
23 tracks
Atlantic 1992 CD 10.00 €
Percy Sledge - My Special Prayer / When A Man Loves A Woman
with picture sleeve. VG+
Bellaphon 1981 Single/EP 4.00 €
Käytetty
Percy Sledge - The Dock Of The Bay / Warm And Tender Love
7" Picture Disc. 1000 copies made
Maybellene 1987 Single/EP 6.00 €
Phil Flowers - No Kissin' At The Hop - All The Hits
25 biisiä
Encore Records 1995 CD 18.00 €
Phil Spector - Designing The Wall Of Sound 2CD
Designing The Wall of Sound - "I Love How You Love Me" and 47 Other Bricks in the Wall

Following on from the success of 'Building the Wall of Sound - JASCD 582' Jasmine are proud to continue charting the early career of rock's greatest producer, Phil Spector.

48 tracks across 2 CDs with early work by, Ben E. King, Johnny Nash, Gene Pitney and more!

Don't miss the first releases on Phil Spector's own label by The Crystals and the first ever version of 'Twist & Shout'!

Fully detailed liner notes continue to cover his entire history.
Jasmine Records 2012 CD 13.00 €
Platters - The Musicor Records Years
28 tracks from 1966-68
Ace Records 2006 CD 18.00 €
Prentiss McPhail - It's Uncle Willie Time / Sleepy
soul instrumental. repro ? ex cond
Ara Records Single/EP 7.00 €
Käytetty
Ray Charles - Angels Keep Watching Over Me
Ray Charles - vocals with the Voices Of Jubilation Choir. 12 tracks
Jazz Door Records 2004 DVD 9.00 €
Ray Charles - Blues Is My Middle Name
Kingjazz 2000 CD 10.00 €
Ray Charles - Friendship
Mukana mm Johnny Cash, BJ Thomas, Hank Williams Jr, Willie Nelson jne
Sony Music 2005 CD 12.00 €
Ray Charles - Genius + Soul = Jazz
180 gram vinyl. Recorded in New York 1959-1960
Wax Time Records LP 17.00 €
Ray Charles - In Concert with the Edmonton Symphony
12 biisiä / 48 min nauhoitettu yhdessä Edmontonissa Kanadassa 1981.
Eagle Vision 2004 DVD 18.00 €
Ray Charles - O-Genio- Live In Brazil 1963
30 tracks from two separate shows from Brazil 1963. 101 min
Rhino 2004 DVD 22.00 €
Ray Charles - Rare Genius - The Undiscovered Masters
Concord Music Group 2010 CD 12.00 €
Ray Charles - The Genius After Hours
biisit vuodelta 1961. digikansi
Atlantic CD 10.00 €
Ray Charles - The Genius Of Ray Charles
album from 1959. digipack sleeve
Atlantic CD 10.00 €
Ray Charles - The Great Ray Charles
Brother Ray's 1957 Late-night Jazz Classic. Blues, jazz and soul swing together the way only Ray can make them.

180 gram vinyl.
Atlantic Recording Corporation 2010 LP 18.00 €
Ray Charles - The Solid Gold Collection 2CD
35 classic tracks from a soul legend
Union Square Music 2005 2-CD 12.00 €
Ray Charles - The Way I Feel 4CD
4CDs = 94 tracks + 44 page booklet. All of Rays' released recordings between 1949-1956
Proper 2007 CD-Box 20.00 €
Regals - Bad Luck Soul
Niko Ahvonen
Jupiter / Texicalli 2008 CD 19.00 €
Richard Berry & Soul Searchers - Wild Berry !
Live From H.D. Hover Century Restaurant. 4 tracks
Pam Records LP 15.00 €
Rivingtons - Papa Oom Mow Mow
This CD brings together all of the group's recordings for Liberty in the early 1960's, combining novelty rock'n'roll with wailing deep soul ballads, the title track being a much-played oldie on global radio and the ballads having been in-demand collectors' items since their previous reissue in 1991.
Shout Records 2007 CD 17.00 €
Roy Hamilton - Warm Soul
His MGM recordings from 1963-1964. 27 tracks
Poker Deck 2007 CD 19.00 €
Royal Counts - Accapella Soul Vol. 1
16 Accapella biisiä vuodelta 1966
Relic Records CD 17.00 €
Royal Counts - Accapella Soul Vol. 2
17 Accapella biisiä vuodelta 1966
Relic Records CD 17.00 €
Rudy Ray Moore - This Ain't No White Christmas!
xxx rated
Norton Records 2001 CD 17.00 €
Rudy Ray Moore - This Ain't No White Christmas!
Rudy Ray Moore a/k/a Dolemite puts the XXX in Xmas and burns the proverbial yule log with Norton's deluxe 30th anniversary edition of this legendary artist's classic 1971 holiday party platter complete with bonus material and unpublished photos! One of the greatest adult comedy albums of all time! Rudy with your @#$% so bright/ Deliver some Christmas Dolemite! Coincides with new film DOLEMITE 2002! Raunchy, racy and ribald-- the three R's! Perfect holiday offering for one and all!
Norton Records 2001 LP 13.00 €
Sam & Dave - Sam & Dave
Originally released in 1966, this 12-track collection gathers both sides of the six singles Sam Moore and Dave Prater recorded for the Roulette label between 1962 and 1964. Less dynamic than the duo's legendary sides for Stax and Atlantic later in the decade, this is nonetheless fine early 1960s deep soul, highlighted by the excellent "Listening For My Name."
Collectors Choice Music 2009 CD 9.90 €
Sam Cooke - 16 Most Requested Songs
16 tracks
Castle 1995 CD 13.00 €
Sam Cooke - For Always - 20 Beloved Classics
Vinyl Passion 2010 LP 13.00 €
Sam Cooke - Great
Intermusic SA 1994 Kasetti 9.00 €
Sam Cooke - Legend
harv. Esintymisiä, tv-pätkiä 70 min + haastattelut 60 min
abkco 2003 DVD 20.00 €
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13

Rock and roll news

2013-11-07
GOOFIN' RECORDS 30th Anniversary Party

2013-08-18
LEVYMESSUT / TAPAHTUMAT

2013-08-15
GOOFIN' RECORDS TULEVIA JULKAISUJA

2013-04-17
THE QUIETS The Many Faces Of The Quiets UUSI CD SAATAVANA !

2013-04-13
GOOFIN' RECORDS VESIVAHINKO / WATER DAMAGE

goofinrecords