Soul (LP)

Result of your query: 100 products

1 - 2
Andre Williams - Detroit Grease Vol. 2
Detroit LP 15.00 €
Andre Williams - Detroit Soul Vol. 4
Detroit LP 15.00 €
Andre Williams - Holland Shuffle
Andre takes the show on the road in the land of cheese, chocolate and relaxed vice laws with local B-3 driven soul monsters Green Hornet providin’ the throttle! Mr. Rhythm is at his best, deliverin’ a rampage montage of his soul and R&B rippers with bits of philosophy and advice thrown in for all big bootie girls and associated minions! Superb sound, sensational performance! Recorded live at Vera, Groningen, Holland, Dec. 19, 2001
Norton Records 2003 LP 13.00 €
Anna King - Back To Soul
Smash Records LP 15.00 €
Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now
180 gram vinyl
4 Men With Beards LP 22.00 €
Aretha Franklin - Sparkle
originally released 1976. Soundtrack album produced and composed by Curtis Mayfield
Atlantic Recording Corporation LP 13.00 €
Aretha Franklin - The Electrifying
After releasing the Aretha Franklin deluxe set (out of print) last year, Music On Vinyl are reissuing one high in-demand LP that was included in that set: The Electrifying Aretha Franklin.

Newly mastered from the original analog tapes, The Electrifying Aretha Franklin indeed electrified audiences when it was released in 1962, winning Aretha top honors in DownBeat magazine's prestigious listeners' poll.

Aretha's brief output for Columbia set the stage for her ascendance as the Queen of Soul at Atlantic Records. One can easily hear her divinely inspired soul fire, emerging interpretative grace and vocal sophistication.

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
• Remastered audio
Music On Vinyl Records 2011 LP 20.00 €
Barry White - Can't Get Enough
sleeve EX-, record VG+
Philips 1974 LP 7.00 €
Bettye LaVette - Do Your Duty
Prior to her recent rediscovery by a new generation of admirers, Detroit-bred soul diva Bettye LaVette spent nearly four decades building a thrilling body of music that her new fans now have the pleasure of discovering. For many longtime LaVette devotees, her recordings for the Silver Fox label, and its parent company SSS International, rank with the artist’s finest work. Do Your Duty collects the 11 classic solo sides that LaVette cut for Silver Fox and SSS in 1969 and 1970, including her beloved R&B hits “He Made a Woman Out of Me” and “Do Your Duty.”
Sundazed Music 2006 LP 20.00 €
Bobby Bland - Here's The Man LP + CD
180 gram vinyl LP featuring a free bonus CD of the album, so that you can have the "analog" and the "digital" for the price of one. BEAT THAT !

Here's The Man! was originall yreleased in 1962 on Duke Recoreds - Houston's legendary R&B label run by the infamous Don Robey - and is the second LP from Bobby "Blue" Bland. Featuring one of his most enduring and classic hits, "Turn On Your Love Light", along with 10 other smoking R&B numbers - Here's The Man! is a fine showcase of one of the most influential and important R&B / soul albums of the 1960s. Essential !
Doxy Music 2013 LP 22.00 €
Bobby Womack - Facts Of Life
United Artists Records LP 13.00 €
Booker T. & The MG's - And Now !
And Now!, Booker T. & the MG’s third album, marked a major change in the band’s lineup with Donald “Duck” Dunn replacing Lewie Steinberg on bass. The addition of Dunn’s funkier style is in full evidence on tracks like “In the Midnight Hour” and “Think,” the latter song also featuring blistering Telecaster licks from six-string stalwart Steve Cropper. The balance of the album includes original songs , like Top Twenty R&B single “My Sweet Potato,” and current chart hits, done in that inimitable MG style. With Booker T.’s evocative keyboard lines and Al Jackson’s propulsive percussion, this was a band of individual virtuosos that became an even greater whole. And now…get ready for the soul jam!

This magnificent, made-in-Memphis LP is sourced from the original analog Stax Records master tapes, pressed High-Definition vinyl and outfitted in original artwork so sharp and clean that you would swear it just came off the rack at Lansky Brothers Department Store!
Sundazed Music 2000 LP 20.00 €
Booker T. & The MG's - Hip Hug-Her
Booker T. & The MG's smoked the charts once again in 1967 with the fabulously slinky "Hip Hug-Her"—just like they'd never left. As house band for Memphis' Stax Records, backing Otis Redding, Sam & Dave and Wilson Pickett, the MG's had written the book on instrumental soul music, and the Hip Hug-Her album impeccably testifies to the greatness of Booker T. Jones, Steve Cropper, Duck Dunn and Alvin Jackson. MG's versions of the Young Rascals' "Groovin'" and Bobby Hebb's "Sunny" were so downright in-the-groove, they became big hits themselves all over again
Sundazed Music 2002 LP 19.00 €
Booker T. & The MG's - The Memphis Soul Sound Of
Vinyl Passion 2013 LP 13.00 €
Booker T. And The M.G.'s - Soul Limbo
re-issue of 1968 LP
Ace Records LP 15.00 €
Booker T. And The M.G.s - Green Onions
Propelled by Booker T. Jones' smoky organ and the funky guitar bursts of Steve Cropper, "Green Onions"—the first chart-topper by Booker T. & The MG's—slithered across the 1962 airwaves, followed immediately by an album every bit as savory. Hot on the heels of that first MG's smash, here's a second helping, "Mo' Onions," as well as the exquisite pop delights of "Stranger On The Shore" and the unsurpassed after-hours smolder of "Behave Yourself."

The original Green Onions LP by the peerless Booker T. & The MG's: exact reproduction available now from SUNDAZED on High-Definition Vinyl, mastered from the absolute vintage analog tapes, and so lip-smacking delicious it'll make you cry.
Sundazed Music 2002 LP 22.00 €
Booker T. And The MG's - Soul Dressing
BOOKER T. & THE MG’s are back on vinyl and sounding better than ever! Each album is an exact repro–with original artwork and track-listing intact–on High-Definition Vinyl. Hear why Booker T. & The MG’s are still the first name in groovology.
Sundazed Music 2000 LP 25.00 €
Dan Penn - The Fame Recordings 2LP
Pressed on 180g mulberry-coloured vinyl in heavy-duty gatefold sleeve

“At last” was the most frequent response to Ace’s long-awaited CD anthology of southern soul songsmith Dan Penn’s early 1960s sessions at Fame in Muscle Shoals. The long-rumoured but rarely heard gems contained within proved to be every bit as good as the privileged few who had heard them had claimed. Penn’s searing interpretations of self-penned classics such as ‘It Tears Me Up’, ‘Rainbow Road’ and ‘You Left The Water Running’ make a very strong case for the man as one of the truly great blue-eyed soul voices.

Now the spectacular contents of “The Fame Recordings” are available as a deluxe two LP set as part of Ace’s high quality vinyl release schedule. Programmed for maximum playability, in this format the package truly approximates a great lost southern vintage pop and soul album, with each compelling performance spilling from the grooves. As a gift for the soul fan in your life, or as a treat for yourself, “The Fame Recordings” LP set is not to be missed.

By Alec Palao (Ace Records)

Ace Records 2013 LP 32.00 €
Del Moroccos - Blue Black Hair
VINYL VERSION - 180 GRAM LP WILL BE OUT IN FEBRUARY 2011 !!
Produced by Jimmy Sutton, The Del Moroccos' debut CD, Blue Black Hair blends R'n'R, R'n'B, 50's garage, and Latin Rocanrol! . Fronted by 3 sexy singers the Del Moroccos also feature Jimmy Sutton on electric guitar and Beau Sample, Cave Catt Sammy, on bass.
Goofin Records 2011 LP 15.00 €
Don Covay - Mercy
originally released 1964
Atlantic Recording Corporation LP 13.00 €
Don Covay - See-Saw
originally issued 1966
Atlantic Records LP 15.00 €
Esther Phillips - Alone Again, Naturally
recorded 1972
Kudu Records LP 17.00 €
Fontella Bass - Free
1972 album
Paula Records LP 15.00 €
George Jackson - The Fame Sessions
Ah, the joy of vinyl – especially the new Ace Records high quality releases. The 180 gram test pressing landed on my desk with a thump and, once placed on the deck, the needle was placed on the first groove with a satisfying thrum. So you can only imagine how much better the experience got as the sound of Fame’s classic house band of David Hood, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Beckett and Roger Hawkins emerged from the speakers. They were behind George Jackson as he demonstrated the power of a new song he had written. Any fan of Southern Soul will know that ‘I’m Just A Prisoner’ became a classic for Candi Staton but, as we have proved time and again over the last few years, George Jackson was more than capable of delivering his own songs.

Mississippi-born, George had his first break in music working alongside Dan Greer at Goldwax Records in Memphis, writing songs and releasing a single in a duet with Dan. In 1967 he auditioned at Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals, where proprietor Rick Hall was looking to replace his top writer Dan Penn, who had moved to Memphis the previous year. In George, Rick found someone who not only wrote prolifically but could sing as well. As an artist, George released two singles on the Fame label and one more Fame-recorded side on Verve. However, it is quite likely that no-one wanted him to be too successful in that role, because his songs were far too important for Fame’s star artists and others who passed through the studio looking for some Muscle Shoals magic. In short order, he wrote hits for Candi Staton, Wilson Pickett, Clarence Carter and then turned out a #1 for the Osmonds.

However, George wrote more songs than he could place with other artists and he also recorded non-stop. Over two CD volumes we have showcased his Fame recordings and we are now proud to present you with his first ever vinyl album from these sessions. In the style of a classic late 60s or early 70s soul album, it features 12 stunning tracks, two of which are (for now) exclusive to this release. It’s difficult to pick out favourites but I have a lot of time for ‘I Bit Off More Than I Can Chew’ (which we’ve discovered was written with James Govan in mind) and ‘Get It When I Want It’, another track written for Candi Staton. Of the new tracks, ‘Add A Little Sunshine’ and ‘That From The Heart’ are more than worthy additions to the George Jackson canon.

By Dean Rudland (Ace Records)
Ace Records 2013 LP 23.00 €
Gino Washington - Love Bandit
You dug our first Gino set OUT OF THIS WORLD (Norton 268) — get now LOVE BANDIT! Fifteen 1962-71 GW performances and productions! Dig the rare Correc-Tone recording of Puppet On A String with backup by the Primettes (early Supremes), Singing In The Rain (an original on which Gino claims a young Rob Tyner shares the vocal chores) and the unissued Everything Is Di-jo-be, a surefire hit with the Northern Soul crowd! Includes Nathaniel Mayer - I Don't Want No Bald Headed Woman Telling Me What To Do, loads mo' killers!
Norton Records 2002 LP 13.00 €
Gino Washington - Out Of This World
Direct from the Norton hopper comes one insane & fabulous soul stomp monster! That of course is the first-evah long play collection on the Out of This World man hisself, Mr. G-I-N-O W-A-S-H-I-N-G-T-O-N!! Get ready to romp with the stirrin' sixties workouts of this Detroit soul legend! Our collection gathers all of Gino's amazing early singles plus unissued masters including killers Out Of This World / Gino Is A Coward / Romeo / Come Monkey With Me / Do The Frog / I'm A Coward and plenty mo'! Fans of Nathaniel Mayer are gonna have their gourds split by the almighty Gino! TRULY OUT OF THIS WORLD! Tonsa notes, photos, interviews! Get it on CD or foot long vinyl LP! Both feature Nortophonic Loud Sound abundance! Dig why soul stompers worldwide gather round the GINO sound!
Norton Records 1999 LP 13.00 €
Ike & Tina Turner - The Soul Of Ike & Tina Turner
Well-known for her trademark legs, throaty voice, and boundless stage energy, Tina Turner was one of the sexiest and most popular international performers of the 20th century. Ike Turner, a well established seminal figure in the early years of rock & roll as both a performer and talent scout, met her one night in St. Louis while he was performing with his “Kings Of Rhythm”: she just grabbed the microphone and sang a B.B. King song, impressing Ike so immediately and overwhelmingly that he asked her to perform regularly with them. The rest is history: Ike’s slick managing skills and songwriting, along with Tina’s intensely energetic lead voice, three back-up 'Ikettes’ and a technically airtight eight-piece band produced a combination of country blues, rock and roll, ghetto rhythm and gospel passion that created a legend lasting 50 years. “It’s Gonna Work Out Fine, “ “I Pity the Fool, “ “I Idolize You, and “Tra La La La La.” are just some of the R&B gems included in their 1960 astonishing debut album.
Rumble Records 2012 LP 19.00 €
James Browm - Love Over-Due
Scotti Bros 1991 LP 13.00 €
James Browm - Prisoner Of Love
Polydor Music LP 17.00 €
James Brown - Cold Sweat
reissue of his 1967 LP
Polydor Music LP 15.00 €
James Brown - Pure Dynamite
Polydor Incororated LP 15.00 €
James Brown - Sings Out Of Sight
gatefold sleeve
Smash Records LP 15.00 €
King Coleman - It's Dance Time!
“I’m the bald headed wonder, full of lightning and thunder!” proclaims King Coleman, the Hully Gully Mashed Potato Booga Lou Man! Get on board with the first ever roundup of the King’s wicked sixties soul dance hits! From his over the top vocal whomp on Nat Kendrick and the Swans’ 1959 smash hit (Do The) Mashed Potatoes to his own roof raisers like The Boo Boo Song, Alley Rat and Do The Booga Lou, this frantic platter just never lets up! And while you’re catchin’ your breath, dig the King’s colorful bean spill on his wonderful, wild n’ wooly career! Like the man himself sez: “IT’S LOO-KEY DOO-KEY TIME!”
Norton Records 2003 LP 13.00 €
King Curtis - Instant Groove
re-issue of his 1969 LP
Atco Records LP 13.00 €
King Curtis - New Scene Of King Curtis
Doxy Music 2012 LP 18.00 €
King Curtis - Soul Twist with
Enjoy Records LP 13.00 €
Lowell Fulsom - In A Heavy Bag
Sundazed Music 2006 LP 20.00 €
Lyn Collins - Check Me Out If You Don't Know Me By Now
People LP 15.00 €
Lyn Collins - Think (about It)
180 gram vinyl
People LP 15.00 €
Martha And The Vandellas - Come And Get These Memories
Gordy LP 20.00 €
Marv Johnson - Marvelous Marv Johnson
Detroit gifted singer, songwriter and pianist Marv Johnson was a seminal figure in the early history of Motown Records.

Responsible for more than a handful of hits between 1959 and 1960, he enjoyed no less than nine records in the top 100 as well as two songs on the top ten chart, after being chosen by the record producer Berry Gordy as the first artist to be released on his fledging record label TAMLA, in which Marv kept recording and working on sales and promotion until the late 70s.

Often overlooked compared to the other great R&B stars of those years, Johnson's rich legacy includes dozens of brilliant soulful songs, like the immortal chart-smasher "You Got What It Takes" and the classic "Come To Me".
Rumble Records 2012 LP 17.00 €
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Music On Vinyl 2011 LP 18.00 €
Marvin Gaye - I Want You
Motown Record Corp LP 17.00 €
Mary Wells - Bye Bye Baby - I Don't want to take a Chance
originally released 1963
Rumble Records 2013 LP 18.00 €
Mary Wells - Sings My Guy
originally issued 1964
Motown Record Corp 2013 LP 25.00 €
Milt Jackson & Ray Charles - Soul Brothers
Vinylogy 2013 LP 15.00 €
Nina Simone - Nina At The Village Gate LP + CD
recorded live in 1962
Doxy Music 2012 LP 20.00 €
Otis Redding - Dictionary Of Soul
Sundazed Music 2001 LP 20.00 €
Otis Redding - Pain In My Heart
re-issue of his 1965 LP
Atco LP 17.00 €
Otis Redding - The Soul Album
1966 LP
Sundazed Music 2003 LP 20.00 €
1 - 2

Rock and roll news

2013-11-07
GOOFIN' RECORDS 30th Anniversary Party

2013-08-18
LEVYMESSUT / TAPAHTUMAT

2013-08-15
GOOFIN' RECORDS TULEVIA JULKAISUJA

2013-04-17
THE QUIETS The Many Faces Of The Quiets UUSI CD SAATAVANA !

2013-04-13
GOOFIN' RECORDS VESIVAHINKO / WATER DAMAGE

goofinrecords